Tuesday 10 June 2008

Hello again

I've finally found the original blog. I did think that I had written a follow up from The Longmynd Hike epic, just a few days after the swollen and battered feet, but it doesn't seem to exist.

Life has been busy. All this is new to me and I'm intrigued by the idea of forcing myself to explore new things. I also have a website - http://www.joefaulkner.com/ - which has stuff on it explain what I am all about, but hear blogging is the way forward.

I terms of racing and other AR events, then 2008 is supposedly a quiet year, following some major epics in 2006 and 2007. Having said that, I'm shortly off to The Hebrides for The Heb Challenge, which is a five day 'stage race' and will take in the 70 Wild Miles event just next weekend. It's a relatively low-key non competitive event, and all for charity, so please visit www.justgiving.com/joefaulkner ... (I think!) to donate a few pennies and find out more.

I'm also enjoying getting back into just runing in 'simple' fell races and have recently enjoyed Duddon, Coniston, Anniversary Waltz and other races, including Northumberland Fell Runners Club Championship races. NFR, who I joined this year, despite living in Cumbria are a great bunch of people having fun at jolly good races. Cycling to work is good fun now the summer weather is here, too. Life isn't bad really...

Hopefully, this has appeared on my blog and I look forward to reading it again and updating it agin shortly ... if I remember how. Pictures and other clever stuff will have to wait. If you are looking for updates on NAV+art courses or our GL3Day Event please bear with me whilst I test drive this new thing; latest info on both of the forementioned productions is on my website.

Bye Bye - please sponsor me for 70 Wild Miles.

Joe

No comments: