Saturday 24 October 2009

OMM - Better than ebay!

Just spent a very frustrating two hours wrestling with ebay/paypal trying to pay fees and claim the money I've made from selling a few items. I know I'm not an IT whiz but ....'Pants'... just absolute pants!

In contrast I've just booked 'Hudscales' for our, now traditional, 'NAV4' Old Crown Round jaunt as a means of calming myself down. This top secret mission is on Saturday 2nd January and if you feel you've missed out on an invite then you probably have! I'm being deliberately evasive because Hudscales is a pretty unique place and OCR not to be over done, although to be serious for a moment it is open to all friends and race mates who want to come along (and know what I'm rambling on about!)

Switching to the OMM via Rob Howard's excellent SM reports, I read with interest that,'if you can't navigate by contours you won't get far' to quote the planner. Brilliant; that's how it should be and is the key to all mountain navigation. Also interested to read about the 'bus pick-up points' for those deciding to 'DNF'? Whilst the logical is understandably I find this an interesting development and ponder if next year will be different again?

I'm happy to have a year off from the OMM; there is so much else to do and Portugal XPD was to be my focus. Looking forward to biking in Swaledale next weekend and watching, reading and hearing more about the OMM. Hopefully all race mates have 'Started Slowly, go Steadily in the right direction and finish Strong.'

Joe

No comments: