Monday 14 September 2009

Lake District Mountain Trial

Yesterday, I went to Eskdale to ride MTB and watch the LDMTA finish. I was too late to enter or catch the start, but Eskdale is an amazing place and so different to the Eastern Lakes where I live.

I was mightily impressed by those I saw finishing The Trial. Although not a big event, it is steeped in a (50+ Year) history and those who compete are 'real' mountain runners. The course maps were displayed at the finish, and routes required to execute the most efficient racing lines need excellent navigation skills and the real ability to travel fast and fleetingly over rough Lakeland mountain terrain.

I was very impressed and a little bit embrassed that I can no longer do such stuff... post race blues, and I wasn't evene racing! However, Eskdale is a beautiful place far from the maddening crowds of Ambleside or Keswick, and I always drive away promising to spend more time there.

Well Done All you Mountain Runners.

No comments: