Wednesday 2 September 2009

Wow... Busy Summer Sabbatical

I can't believe that it has been so long since I last made a blog posting! Did I lose some?

I guess I've been busy, plus I don't like to post if I haven't got anything worthwhile to say. Since my last post Linz and I enjoyed a particularly thought provoking trip to The Hebrides as part of our Heb social/consultation week, and I've race Open24 with Wilko, plodded around the classic Borrowdale Fell Race, trudling around the Kielder MTB Tri, and just this weekend supported NAV4 in the Open Adventure C2C race. Sadly I decided I just haven't got enough 'AR umph' to race in Portugal so had to pulll out of Team Cruchan, but it feels like the right decision.

That's a round up of summer fun, it even included some training runs and rides! The Dales MTB Centre gets a big thumbs up - great for those tired of Trail Centres and young dudes stood about in baggy shorts. www.dalesmountainbiking.co.uk The Bridge Inn at Grinton does good food and beer.

All good stuff - enjoyable, rewarding, varied and different. The pressing news remains stuff for next years Heb, and so I will post that separately very soon. More topical just now is the Open Adventure C2C where Wilko, Dave and AndyM performed very strongly to finish a creditable third team behind the Big Names of Helly Hansen-Nuun and Accelerate. I wasn't surprised at all .... even though some were. Just proves what quality athletes those three are and hype isn't always neccessary. Hats off to Tom Gibbs who race for two or three days with very bad guts. And to No Frontiers and Calder Valley for jolly good sport.

Big internal debates for me personally about the 'supported' versus 'self-supported' teams but having witnessed both this past weekend I'm convinced that we have teh right mix for the Heb 2010. Details of that follow next.

Joe

No comments: